^^Kitty Meow always does Sundays the right way.
Today IS Sunday, right? I can’t seem to keep track of the days of the week right now. At the start of the semester I was taking it week by week. Then day by day. Now, it’s task by task. “Write lesson plan.” “Eat breakfast.” “Wait on that table without forgetting silverware.” “Pick up niece from practice.” “Make Halloween costume.” “Grade papers.” “Run the dishwasher that’s been full for days.” “Feed cat.” “Text Wes to feed the dog because you forgot.”
And the next thing I know it’s Sunday again and the time is gone and I dream of the day I can sit by myself and catch up on Sleepy Hollow and Scandal without cat hair fluffs floating about all over the place at the slightest movement. Maybe–just maybe–that day can be today.
This Sunday, in particular, is for…
…no makeup. I did a terrible thing this week (and last week) and slept in Thursday night’s makeup and then, because it wasn’t too smudgy, just added more for my Friday night shift. You can judge. I was busy. Today, my pores need some air.
…no photo filters. I don’t have the time and the sun is shining almost optimally.
…no homework. I’ve been doing it in my car before my internship, in 3 minute bursts while waiting tables, during class, and in my sleep.
…no stress. Lots of hot tea, a little bit of record playing, and finishing up The Great Gatsby. And some Sleepy Hollow and Scandal, of course. What are you doing this Sunday?
Sundays no. 1
Sundays no. 2
Sunday is here. I try to be particularly intentional about how I spend the laziest–yet somehow, the busiest–of weekdays. Items on the to-do list include a fall fashion photoshoot for Goodbye Bernadette, whipping up some healthy food to last through the week, and stretching every last minute in the day before school starts tomorrow. In addition, I am…
…Juicing for the first time in a long time! My go-to basic juice is lots of cucumbers, green apples, and lemon juice. I find that if I’m not in the habit of drinking fresh veggie juice on the regular, things with kale or bok choy or beet just freak my taste buds out too much. Here’s some interesting recipes to try.
…Practicing photography with a handful of new-to-me photography apps, including TimerCam, & Pic Tap Go. I’m so glad to have found an easy-to-use timer–much needed because today it will just be moi taking photos of moi! Pretty much any photo you see on Goodbye Bernadette is taken and edited exclusively on my phone, so I’m always looking for better and easier apps. Any suggestions?
…Relaxing. Or at least attempting to. It seems like there’s still so much I need to do to have a good fresh start to the school year, like cleaning out my car and getting all the laundry folded. But! I did get my inbox and mobile office spruced up, so a little R & R should still be had. Definitely reading the latest issue of this magazine, browsing this fun Instagram account, and drinking copious amounts of coffee while obsessing over this mug. Also, mega-laughing, as usual, whilst reading Gemma Correll’s misfit inspired comics.
Oh! Also, check this t-shirt out. Is it just me or is the everyone’s motto when they get home from a long day?
1. Baking. http://www.endlesssimmer.com/2011/08/30/smore-than-you-can-handle/
2. Frantically calling your mom because you just can’t make RICE like she does. Rice–2:1 water to rice kind of rice.
3. Wishing you could freeze time and stay in this particular Sunday forever, and never let the fall semester begin…
4. Finding the perfect bed for the spare bedroom.
5. Sedating the kitty cat with Benadryl in order to give her a “sanitary shave” on her wittle witty wehind (little kittie behind) so she stops having an issue with…long hair…and…poop.
6. Taking a piece of Pinterest love and actually making it happen in my own home.
7. Watching as much Downton Abbey as I possibly can.
8. Finishing up a project here and a project there…
9. Reading under my favorite blanket.
10. Shamelessly perusing blog after blog after blog after blog. The three open in my browser right now:
Oh So Lovely Vintage