I’ve blinked, and summer is basically over. Yesterday I was rather verklempt about the whole thing, but today I’ve started thinking about school supplies. School supplies, office supplies, organizational supplies–they always lift my mood!
For me, the most necessary of school supplies include a new pair of shoes, a new pair of jeans, and the fattest and brightest Sharpie highlighters I can find. And of course, a free reading book. I loved free reading time in elementary school. On my first day of college, I remember sticking a book in my bag out of habit–as if professors gave you time to do your vocabulary worksheet in class and spend the rest of the hour reading Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself. To this day it takes me eons to finish a good book–“free” reading time seems to be impossible to find in this adult world of mine!
Regardless, I still try to take a book along with me wherever I go. Vintage Agatha Christie mystery novels tuck nicely inside a small purse, but these days I’m on a Philippa Gregory kick. The White Queen is first on my reading list for this fall. I sincerely hope to finish it before the leaves fall. We shall see.
This is my second-to-last-semester. In the Spring, I will be student teaching. When that time comes, I will probably not spend much on back-to-school things. I’ll have to save all of my money for the nine billion Starbucks runs I hear are necessary to get you through! For now, though, see below for my favorite picks for this semester.
1// pencil case 2// notebook 3// high waisted denim 4// sticky notes 5// mint tote 6// The White Queen 7// leopard flats 8// planner
What does fall look like for you? What’s on your fall agenda? Do share!
Is everyone ready for Valentine’s Day this year? I feel like the celebration came up on me quite quick, but I’m okay with that because Valentine’s Day means chocolate, and who could grumble about that? My plans on the 14th will consist of me handing out chocolate-y goodness in the form of vegan black bean brownies to my co-workers; I wonder how they will react to the black beans…only time will tell. In the meantime, here is my Valentine wish list!
1. This necklace is adorable! I could see myself wearing it everywhere, even if it didn’t go with my outfit at the moment.
2. I like anything with hearts on it, but this iPhone case takes the cake, I think, and wouldn’t you know, I now have a use for a case like this as I slowly move towards buying an iPhone. Yay!
3. How fun and cute is this scarf? I would love nothing more than to add it to my collection!
4. It’s probably the sweetest quote I’ve seen in a long while, and while I would love to receive this print as a gift, I’d also give it away to the sweet guy in my life in a heartbeat.
5. I couldn’t possibly overlook this movie in favor of another one. Everything about Safe Haven positively exudes romance and is just the sort of movie I want to watch on Valentine’s Day!
If I could have a wintery white snow day right this minute, I would…
1. Sport this comfy number.
2. Snuggle under this blanket.
3. Hibernate in a closet with these.
4. Pop in my most beloved film of all time.
5. Attempt to knit this cozy sweater.
6. Listen to this band on repeat.
7. Brave the outdoors with these (but only if I had to.)
8. Venture outside for a warm chai tea, instead of my usual iced.
9. Read anything Jane Austen.