I love denim, but properly fitting jeans are hard for me to come by–I claim to be five-foot-zero, but I might be a smidge shorter than that. So often I find myself in the dressing room thrilled to have found an otherwise perfect pair only to realize that the hem is scrunched at my ankles, a full 10 inches too long. And so, never did I think I would come across a pair of high waisters that didn’t come up to my eyeballs and still cover my entire foot. But I did and I love them. The jeans pictured here? Yep, those are of which I speak. You should get some, too.
These are from Charlotte Russe, but ModCloth has a few pairs I’m in love with (here & here). My pair is a snip or two away from being the perfect length, but will do just fine for a $20 pair of jeans.
If you’re just not sure if you’ve got the right top to go with a pair of high waisted jeans, I suggest trying to buy one at the same time. You’ll probably be surprised as how easy they are to style. I love doing a half tuck with a black t-shirt, adding some edgy black flats, and jazzing up the whole casual look with a fun, unexpected item, like my vintage blue jacket.
OH YES! And here’s 10 things you might not know about me.
1. I like math.
2. When I was a teenager my dream was to move to New York City and work for Seventeen Magazine.
3. I love to style interiors.
4. I don’t know how to fix the Internet when it “breaks”. I just flick switches on and off and hope for the best.
5. My favorite perfume is rose water and jasmine.
6. I have a desk but I never use it. I think I just love the idea of one, but I tend to do homework or blogging at the kitchen table or in front of the television.
7. My favorite movie of all time is Now and Then.
8. I played the flute all throughout junior high and high school but can’t even remember the B flat scale now.
9. I didn’t start drinking coffee until I was 24. These days I don’t even know how I graduated college without it!
10. I was a Resident Assistant for three years at Drury University.
Okay! Do we have anything in common? Do share, and tell me what you think about the high waisted jean trend.